Choose a country
of Europe and answer the following questions about the country. (Belgium, Denmark,
France, Germany, Greece,
Iceland, Italy, Luxembourg,
Netherlands, Poland, Spain,
Switzerland, United Kingdom, Ukraine)
- Draw your country and label its geographic features. Then draw and label the countries bordering it.
- How is their government the same or different
from the United States’ government?
- Tell about their history. What major
things happened there? (at least 2)
- What language do they speak?
- If you were a tourist, what would you want to see (places
- What can you tell us about their major religion(s)?
- What are some major resources of this country?
- Tell about their unique art forms (include
examples of art, music, dance, etc.)
- Show or describe their way of life.
- What foods do they eat? (maybe you can
find a recipe or description of the food) (OPTIONAL)
Now create a brochure from the information that you learned in the questions above. You may and should include
pictures to help make your brochure more appealing. You may also use a computer program such as Microsoft Publisher
to create your brochure. Many computers at school have this program if you want to try to do the work there instead
of at home. The public library can also be of assistance. Below are some links that may help you to find more
exciting pictures and interactive panoramic scenes of the country you are researching.
http://encarta.msn.com/artcenter_tree/browse.html (Encarta Online)
http://www.worldlingo.com/en/products_services/worldlingo_translator.html (Online Translator)
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/index.html (CIA world factbook)
http://www.eurofresh.se/history/ (Warsaw VR tours)
http://www.multimedialibrary.com/diana/qtvr_sites.asp (various VR tour links)
http://monarch.gsu.edu/jcrampton/bosnia/ (virtual trip of Bosnia)
http://www.uen.org/utahlink/tours/fieldtrips2.htm (virtual trips of many countries as well as various subject areas)
http://vr.refocus.de/gallery/index.php?&l=english (VR clips - Search for your country in the Search box)