Here is the Assignment
Research a country of Asia. Create a virtual field trip
of this country for the class. In other words, learn about a country and show and tell the class about what you
learned. You will need to create a multimedia presentation using PowerPoint to illustrate your topic and help others
to learn about it. Your presentation should be about 10-20 minutes. You may work in groups of 2, but each of you will
be held responsible for your knowledge and presentation. You must present your lesson on or before your assigned date.
Countries to Choose From:
China, North Korea, South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, India, Nepal,
Bangladesh, Bhutan, Burma (Myanmar), Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia
When you research...
Find out the answers to the
1. Where is this country located?
2. What language do they speak?
3. What is their government like?
4. Tell about their history.
5. What are some good places to visit in
6. Show or describe their way of life.
7. What can you tell us about their religion?
8. What are some major resources of this
9. What foods do they eat? (maybe you can
find a recipe or description of the meal)
10. Tell about their art forms (art, music, dance, etc.)
11. What are some animals that live in this country?
12. What are some major issues with the country? (social, environmental,
13. Describe education there.
Organize your information and create your PowerPoint.
That's all there is to it!
Remember: When you use something from a book or any other place, you need to give
credit to your sources. Write it down and put it on your "Works Sited" slide in the correct format. (Format found on
Resources page). If it's a Website, you may hyperlink your information or image back to the website that it came from.
Independent School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, or disability
in providing education services, activities, and programs, in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as
amended; Title IX of the Educational Amendment of 1972; and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended.